Friday, July 06, 2012

RantyPanty

If there's one thing I miss about lighthouse it's that we were largely kept in the loop about everything going on in the company.

Being in a big company now means people say they don't know what's going to happen but what they mean is that "that information is only privy to those above your pay grade."

This job uncertainty is annoying me. Why call me from new York to find out exactly how much I know about US financial news if we "don't know" if we even have jobs 3 months from now?

All I can think of to regain control of my job situation is to quit and find something else. But surely this is premature, especially when I haven't done what I want to with this job yet, and when they're dangling what I want to do (moving with the company) over my head like a carrot.

Jump higher or jump ship? Or just sit and wait for someone else to finally tell us what's going to happen? I hate not having control over something this important.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: