Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sudden and random list of awesome Singaporeanisms

I came across the word "mak nenek" and it made me lol, so I decided to compile this list of words and phrases used in Singapore that work here, and make me love this country just a little bit more. Some have meanings next to them, some don't (some are untranslatable). Enjoy!

1. Mak Nenek
2. Kotek - penis
3. Tetek (I'm sensing a pattern) - boobs
4. Sepak - slap
5. Yaya papaya 
6. Leychey - troublesome
7. Chut pattern 
8. Ai sui mai mia - want beauty, don't want life. or, those shoes will hurt but suck it up. 
9. Mai ge kiang!
10. Pang seh - "launch aeroplane", or to stand somebody up
11. Mai ah-neh quan leh! - Don't be like this
12. Mat Rocker
13. ACBC
14. Agaration - estimation
15. Siansation
16. Steady pom pi pi
17. Gostan. - Go astern 
18. 'Thon - "marathon", or stay overnight someplace
19. Lao-ya - lousy
20. Hope - as in, to catch. 

More next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANGEL you forgot one that is very dear to my heart.

- Jody

angellll said...

HAHA don't gabra, I will add it in the next one.