Monday, September 25, 2006

rantypanty

many know of my growing annoyance with fellow co-workers with whom i am obliged to have lunch.

i don't know if its because its monday, or because i'm having a headache, or just because my fuse is getting shorter, but its taking all the strength i have this morning not to bite one of the co-worker's heads of. this is the damn "auntie" one who's young, has a kid (and therefore our lunchtime conversations tend to revolve around either childbirth, diaper brands, HDB loans or those that start with "you know what my baby did yesterday!!") and is uber cheena. she's the office financial personnel, who happens to double up as the office gossip.

(for the ones in the know, yes, she's the one who said yaya papaya)

anyway, i came to the office today in a long-sleeved shirt and a tanktop over it. which, by the way, got me a "hey, you look nice" compliment from 24 year-old female colleague this morning. (yes, compliments are more treasured when they come from girls)

co-worker that i'm annoyed at: EH! ee-YER! wei shen me ni chuan dao zhe me... (hey, yucks! why are you dressed like...)
me: hmm? *forces a smile*
co-worker: i don't know how to say. *gestures with hands* SO WEIRD LOR!

y'know, i think she secretly hates me. either that or she has zero tact. i just chuckled at what she said and went back to my work, deciding not to comment on the green top and orange skirt she had on, or the massive multi-coloured floral clip in her hair.

ps/i know this is admitting defeat, but i'm not gonna wear this outfit anymore. it makes me feel overdressed and uncomfortable, anyway.

----

darnit. i was gonna blog about how great my weekend was. will do that in the next post.
btw, red patent shoes received rave reviews!